Ain’t it awesome that Tommy Sanderson thought to nominate Centbuzz for the Liebster Blogger award? Absolutely
Never heard of it? The Liebster award is a virtual award specially designed for new bloggers. Their main intent and purpose is to encourage new bloggers as well as grow their readership. It works like a chain letter in that those nominated are expected to nominate others. If you nominate 15 people, it means you get 15 new people to view your blog –perhaps share your content or even become followers. See how this can help new bloggers? It’s an awesome way to network and find others in your niche. One requirement I have seen repeated is to nominate bloggers with few followers. Of course these will benefit from this sharing much more!
Tommy Sanderson blogs at Life of Sandy which is a relatively young blog –only 2 months or so! She seems to be doing quite well as I discovered this is her second award, the first being the blogger recognition award. See my post about it: http://www.centbuzz.com/accepting-blogger-recognition-award-15-nominees/
Sandy shares short stories from her own life and as she’s planning to travel around the US, you probably should follow her for the updates.
This award also opens new blog owners to the world, by requiring them to share a little about themselves. In her nomination, Sandy listed a few questions that I should answer to help others know me a little better.
So here I go in response to Sandy’s questions:
- What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
A few days after Christmas I was at work in the bank and my boss called, told me to get the hell out of the office! So I took the next bus opposite the bank entrance and went to visit a friend that I had only chatted with on Facebook for a few months. I had no idea if she was real or not. The visit turned out awesome but had to be back to work in a week or so.
- What is your favorite book?
I have this book called “Guide to Natural Remedies for Health and Well-Being” by Enrique Garza that I read often.
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful for
My two sons
- Give a tip to your fellow bloggers
Allow yourself to grow. Do not be influenced by people claiming you must stick to a niche to be successful. Write in your own voice and take rejections/ criticism positively. If your writing outgrows your current blog, start a new one. I currently have 5. Don’t confine yourself to any space – travel and see as much of the world as you can. Writing opens this opportunity for you because you can write from anywhere.
- Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging after getting numerous rejections so that I could find an outlet for my articles. When I sit down to write I get so many ideas that may not be exactly what other sites are looking for. It also gave me a unique opportunity to connect with others and build myself as a brand.
- What is at the top of your bucket list?
I want to complete a few books that have been lying idle in my laptop for months and once I make enough money from selling them I will travel all over the world(except US, S.A). My starting point is Australia
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
When I was young visiting my grandmother, she would cook for us different vegetables such as pepper leaves, potato leaves and arrow root leaves.
- Is there anything in life you regret?
Though I try to be content with how things are, there are quite a few of them. I regret not knowing my dad sooner – I met him when I was 22. I regret falling in love with narcissistic people who almost destroyed me and my sons.
- How did you pick your blog’s name?
I knew I wanted to share about personal finance so I found this website where you type one name and it gives you possible combinations or alternatives for an awesome domain name.
- What are the 3 things you cannot live without?
My tablet, my aloe lip balm & my crochet hook.
I choose to nominate the following awesome blogs:
If you choose to accept this nomination, please answer the following questions so that we can learn a little more about you. Waiting for the answers!
- Who is your favorite blogger?
- How did you choose your blogging niche?
- Where do you see yourself (and your blog) in 5 years?
- What advice can you give new bloggers?
- Which was the most embarrassing thing you have ever done /happened to you?
- Which is your greatest achievement to date?
- What do you hope to achieve through blogging?
- If given a free ticket, which country would you choose to visit and why?
- What is the one thing you wish people knew about you?
- Best piece of advice you ever received?
You may browse nice images to display on your site here:
Engage with Centbuzz
You are welcome to check out my popular posts and begin your journey to financial freedom here:
- How To Make Money From Your Hobby
- 8 Ways To Earn As You Travel
- 8 Tips For increased efficiency & Saving Time
- How To Choose the Right Financier For Your First Mortgage
- 7 Unnecessary Expenses to Eliminate & Save Money